Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Kickin' Ass And Takin' Names

So, this is exactly what I haven't been doing lately.

I was doing really kick ass before I left for the boat. I was tracking like I'm supposed. Maintaining a (relatively) healthy diet. Exercising.

When I was gone - I did none of those things. I assumed I would just start back up where I'd left off, but that hasn't been the case. Since I've gotten back I've had a really bad "whatever" attitude. I've eaten candy, had way to much soda, and gorged myself on pizza last night.

What the hell Muffin Top?!

I know better than that. I do. But I can't seem to care enough to actually do what I know I need to. It's like my willpower is still back on that boat.

This Sunday is our half. I was certain I could make it down to 160 by the time it rolled around. And will I? Hell no. Not unless I end up with a vicious stomach flu.

I'm pissed off. I'm disappointed. I'm irritated. And it's all my fault - which makes it even worse.

I honestly don't have any idea what to do. I more or less have the exercise down, but I just CAN NOT get my eating under control. I need a list, my "to-dos" that are non-negotiable.

I've written down the things that I absolutely have to start / keep doing, here it is:

Things I am committing to:

1. Track everything, and I mean everything that I eat.
2. Absolutely no alcohol until after the half (once it's over that changes!).
3. Tweet my calorie summary every evening (cals in, cals exercised, and cal differential).
4. Do either The Shred or pilates each morning before work.
5. Get as much sleep as possible. Eight hours is ideal, but not always realistic.
6. Keep a positive attitude and do not entertain negative thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment