Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Big Green Hump: Week 30

Happy HUMP Day, bloggie friends!!! Even though I've been in sort of a funk [that's putting it mildly], I figured I'd introduce you to my new favorite green smoothie recipe today!

This smoothie uses avocado to up the creamy factor [*snort*], and even though it sounds sort of gross, I promise, it's totally fab.  Besides, avocados are nutritional powerhouses.  [Side note: I'm pretty sure MT is gagging, because she hates avocado.  Fear not friends, you CANNOT taste it.  Promise.]

"You Put The Lime In The Coconut"

8oz water
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 cups baby spinach
1/2 ripe avocado
1 banana
1 lime, squeezed (just add the juice, no peel)
handful of ice

Put it all together and get your blend on, baby!!!

2 comments:

  1. No way in hell I'm trying anything with nasty-ass avocado in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I'd try it. Think I can use rice milk instead of coconut? I make lots of smooties, I mean lots, like every morning cause I add protein (veggie-tarian) but I've never thought of adding spinach or avocado. Oh, and I usually freeze my bananas, Or whatever fruit i want to use, it makes the smootie creamier too.

    ReplyDelete