Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I'm On A Boat

Well ladies, I'm back. I'm hoping you realized I was gone, maybe even missed me a little bit?

I had a weekend of epic proportions - possibly the most (girl-only) fun of my entire life! What was I doing you might be wondering... Well, as I reminded everyone over, and over, and over again:

I [was] ON A BOAT!!!



Did I work out? Nope. Did I eat good? Nope. Did I track calories? Nope. Did I stop drinking when enough was enough? Nope.

As far as the "healthfulness" of my mini-vaca goes - epic fail. But you know what? That's okay. I'm totally fine it. I truly needed this get away. Time to completely let loose and just laugh. Time to realize that life isn't actually all work, laundry, waist lines, stress, grocery shopping, stupid co-workers, car troubles, workouts, missed workouts, money troubles, calorie counting, marriage troubles ... It is more, and I had forgotten that.

So, today when I got a completely irritating email from "that" stupid co-worker, my blood pressure didn't spike, I didn't cuss and bemoan my life - I laughed.

Today when I thought I might die during my 5 mile run? I finished it anyway. I was the one single person this weekend to speed walk up a hill, without getting out of breath.

And that? That is worth the time off from my training, and any pain I might face getting back in the groove of things.

Life IS good.

No comments:

Post a Comment