Thursday, August 5, 2010

How Things Change

In the moment time seems to drag by.

Just shy of 7 months ago Fat Girl Slim and me started the Couch to 5K program. Our first "runs" (and I use the term loosely) alternated 60 seconds of walking with 90 seconds of walking. And it was hard. I complained, and wheezed, and thought I might have a heart attack.

We followed the entire C25K program and ran our 5K in April. It took just over 37 minutes, and that was running way to fast. I seriously believed FGS was going to puke. The rest of that day I was wrecked! I laid around and took a nap for a few hours.

I ran 4 miles at the gym during lunch today. In 47 minutes no less. I know that's not record setting speed, but for me it IS! I'm not gonna say it was easy, cause I busted it out today. I spent the last mile slowly increasing from a 4.8 mph to 6.5 mph at the very end. I could barely breath, but I CAN DO IT!

My body has changed. My endurance boggles my mind! We ran 10 miles this last Saturday morning (in 2 hours & 16 minutes!). Did I lay around all day afterwards? Nope. Did I need a nap? Nope. Was I wrecked afterwards? NO WAY!!!

Why? Cause I AM a runner beyotches!

I can't wait until my thighs and ass look like this!!!

3 comments:

  1. "Why? Cause I AM a runner beyotches!" <-- Brought a huge smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne - make me happy to make people smile :)
    Glad you enjoyed my rambling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo, for you 2. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete