Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We've Come A Long Way, Baby.

On Sunday, September 5, 2010, Muffin Top and I did the unthinkable. We ran a half marathon. You know, the one we set out to run when we started this journey. The one mentioned at the top of this blog, you know, in the title. Honestly, I can't believe we actually did it. [We have pictures to post later, trust me, I got proof!] I know it happened, hell my hips and knees may never be the same! But still, the magnitude of the whole thing is still sinking in. I'm not going to lie though; I definitely got a Super Woman feeling from the experience. I ran 13.1 freaking miles, and if that's not proof that I can do anything I set my mind to, what is???  The world is my proverbial oyster.

This brings me back to nine months ago, when we started the Couch to 5k. That first work out we did was a bitch (at the time). For shits and giggles, I made MT actually do said workout with me at the beginning of last week, just to see how far we've come. It was a JOKE to me how easy it was. Please, please, please don't get me wrong. There was a time when that run almost killed me. The thought of running even a mile was ridiculous back then. But you know what? We stuck with it, and we made it happen. I'm beyond reason proud of us!!! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you really put your mind to it. MT even went and got herself a little post-race "present" today, but I'll let her tell you about that later.

So where do we go from here? That seems to be the million dollar question today. I can't speak for MT, but I know I need a break from long-distance running. Before we did the half, I had grand plans of heading straight into marathon training once it was done. I no longer have these plans! I want to do something a little easier on my body for a while. Oddly, I have no specific goal at the moment. I'm going to really mull it all over before committing to another lofty work out goal.

Don't be confused though. Even though we accomplished the half marathon, we have LOTS to accomplish still in the way of health and fitness goals. Personally, I hope to shift my focus away from exercise [which is pretty much a given at this point] and work more on my food intake. Don't forget, I still have another 30 pounds I'd like to lose [at least]!

So stick around, ok? There is definitely more to come.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! :) Yay, you're officially a half marathoner! That's super!
    Next goal..Maybe another half marathon with a goal finish time? You already know you can finish..Just a random thought.

    ReplyDelete