Monday, September 13, 2010

What to do? What to do?

I'm in a quandary (10 point word! Woot!)

I ran a half-mother-fucking-marathon beyotches!!!

So, um, now what? I don't think that I am ready to commit to an entire marathon at this point. And I can guarantee you that Fat Girl Slim is not going to be running one with me anytime in the near future. So what do I have to work toward? The few workouts I've done since the half seem almost pointless. Like, what am I doing this for???

I know there's the whole losing weight, getting in shape, feeling better about myself crap. But I really need more.

I've thought about doing the Insanity, but I just cannot work myself up to doing a workout that makes you feel like you are going to vomit excessively.

I've thought about signing up for another half, but I don't want to do a run in January when it's only THIRTY degrees out!

I've even thought about saying screw it all, but that's just my frustration speaking.

So, I'm throwing it out there to you all. What in the hell should I do??? Give me your suggestions, please, please, pretty please, with a cherry on top?!

3 comments:

  1. How about a triathlon?? A sprint distance is not too hard to train for. Obviously the timing is not great since tri season is in the summer, but at least you have plenty of time to get ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done 5 or 6 halfs and a few long distance swims, but my favorite event has to be a 15k trail run that I did two years ago. It's a completely different experience for two reasons. The first is that you have to be thinking a bit about where you are going to put your feet, and the second, but only if you are as slow as I am, at times, there's no one around. Where you are doing it, it takes your mind off of everything else, and the feeling of accomplishment is pretty awesome too. (@fatmenrunning)

    ReplyDelete