Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday's Fat Stats - Week 7

I was actually going to ask Fat Girl Slim to do this week's fat stats for me. I'm completely discouraged, pissed off and wanting to throw in the towel. I don't feel like I have any words of encouragement or positive outlook in me. It took every last shred of willpower I have not to eat snickers for breakfast.

The more I thought about it though, I realized - that's life. If getting in shape was easy, wouldn't we all do it? If losing weight was easy, wouldn't we all be thin? If I say it's no big deal, it's like a walk in the park - I would be lying to you. If this is going to be about our journey from being half-assed to running a half marathon it should include the ups and downs.

I worked out every single day this week. A few of them I worked out TWICE a day. And I feel like it too, I'm all kinds of sore that you wouldn't even imagine possible. When I'm perfectly still the pain is almost bearable, but then I have to stand up and my entire body screams at me "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?". Now, if the pounds were melting away this might almost be okay. But since they most definitely are not it's become incredibly hard to find the motivation to continue doing it.

When we first started out, I had the idea to try and kind of brain-wash myself. I still try to tell myself while I'm running or working out that I actually love what I'm doing, but I never really make the effort to believe the lie. There is still a part of me saying 'yeah, right'. And afterwards I never think about how 'good' it makes me feel - how, even though I'm exhausted, I really am proud of myself. There's even a part of me that is starting to enjoy the run. I never focus on these facts though - I focus on all the negatives. And with the way I'm feeling today, that has got to stop. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm doing this with FGS, that I made a commitment to her to do it - I honestly would call it quits right now.

So when I see the numbers below, I'm going to focus on what I have done and what I'm going to do:

Fat Girl Slim's Week 7 Numbers

Muffin Top's Week 7 Numbers

The running schedule for this week is easy in that it's the same on all 3 days, but it's going to really challenging. Are you ready for it? Do a brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 25 minutes (or 2.5 miles).
I'm telling myself I CAN DO THIS - let's hope by the end of the week I'll believe it!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. I was just about to get discouraged & give up exercising when I got "a sign". Anyways, looks like by BP is 147 over 90. Maybe we can exercise together.

    ReplyDelete