Wednesday, March 10, 2010

To Weigh Or Not To Weigh???

I agree with FGS on most things, there is one thing that we agree to disagree on though - when/how often you should weigh yourself. I am an every single morning kind of girl, it keeps me on track, aware of what's happening and if I'm screwing up. I even track it all in a spread sheet so that I can graph it out and see how my overall progress looks. I know what you're thinking. Dork. I know this, and I'm okay with it - it's who I am.

It really is worth it though, how many of you have this to look at?

Okay, so I miss a few days here and there, I'm only human

On days when I get on the scale and I see even a tiny weight loss, I am SUPER motivated by that! It makes me feel like what I'm doing is actually doing something. Then there are the days when I look down at the scale and it has gone is the COMPLETELY wrong direction. These are not good mornings in my home. You might see this as the exact reason why I shouldn't be weighing myself every day. FGS does - she says it just upsets her and makes her that much more likely to throw in the towel. I take it as a wakeup call though, a way to keep myself in check. If I screw up bad and then see the scale start moving up - I know I need to quit that shit!


This does not equal a good morning at the MT house

FGS is a weekly weigher - it gives her perspective and a way to see real progress, not just the daily up and down fluctuations. I say - there's a graph for that too!!!


Either way you do it, the goal is to make that damn thing go DOWN. I'm counting points, so hopefully next Monday my beautiful graphs will be pointing south! Hell, I did pilates AND the shred on my birthday!!! That better count for something!

No comments:

Post a Comment