I can't be content with that though - I'm a worrier, it's what I do. Have I ran enough? Have I done enough cross-training? Would Jillian approve? Have I eaten good enough? Well, that one's a definite no...
If we don't have a plan there is no way we will finish that 5K in our goal time of 30 minutes (or less!). It's time to put on our game faces, buck up, bite the bullet, cowboy up, put on our big girl panties...
You get the point.
So our plan is basically broken down into 3 or 4 (or 5) categories:
1. Run. Duh, what else would our first priority be? We are going to run a minimum of 3 times per week, we'll throw in a fourth run if we are feeling extra frisky. Not this weekend, but on the following 2 weekends we are going to run the exact route that the 5K will follow. Nothing like a little practice to get you focused!
2. Stop slacking on the cross-training! I was doing the Shred almost every day and pilates on some mornings, I was doing really good! Now, not so much. So the goal for next week is to do the shred (levels 1 & 2 alternating) 6 days a week. The following week we're going to bust out the before-now-unthinkable LEVEL THREE shred. Yeah, we're crazy like that! The week right before the run will have to be a little more mellow though, I don't know - we'll figure that one out later.
3. Green smoothies. We can't afford to get sick. Green smoothies are full of all kinds of healthy crap that I don't ever actually eat except in smoothie form. For the next 3 weeks they will be a daily requirement!!! If you aren't sure about the whole smoothie thing, we've posted tons of great recipes - just look under "The Big Green Hump".
4. Protien. This is a hard one for me. I'm not a real meat eater, I grew up in Eugene where dinners consisted of tofu, brown rice, and steamed brocolli (or steamed carrots and/or cauliflower if my step-monster wanted to mix things up a little). Add that to 2 years of working at Burger King in high school and you have one very un-meat loving girl. But protien builds muscle and helps your muscles heal. So I need to find other ways to get it.
Seriously, you look at this shit and think "Yummy! I want a piece of that!"
[Editorial note from FGS - "Just cause I eat meat DOESN'T mean I want to eat a MEAT BABY!"]
5. This one is super hard for me to - sleep. We need to get at least 7 1/2 - 8 hours every single night. All that crap I need to do will still be there in the morning (unfortunately).
6. This is the final one, and the one I most desperately DO NOT want to do! No alcohol :( At least, after this week, no more alcohol until after the run. But after that? It's On Like Donkey Kong!!!
My (one of many) true loves!