Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Good morning, bloggie friends! Happy SUMMER! It's official; I can't believe it. I got a jump start crossing items off my bucket list this weekend, and even though it's Monday morning, I'm still relishing in the awesome weekend.

On Friday night we had my BFF and her family over for dinner. [Actually, they brought dinner to US, bless them]. For dessert we made root beer floats, which enabled me to check the first item off of my list! They were total YUM too!

Lotsa calories, but so freaking worth it...

Saturday morning started BEFORE 4am as MT and I got ready to run NINE miles. NINE. There's a fine line between insanity and brilliance, and I think we are straddling it right now. At least I can cross the pre-dawn run off my list. It truly was amazing though. Our time per mile was less than last week, and the run itself felt better overall. I even tried out some Shot Blocks and my new fuel belt, both of which proved to be super successful for long runs.

It was pitch black out my window when we left!

After we got back, it was garage sale time. [Another bucket list item, holla!] By the end of the day I was wiped out, but my house is much less cluttered, and we made some serious cash money.

Less crap, more money?  Yes, please.

Sunday was Father's day, and I had an incredible time celebrating my amazing husband and dad. We started the day with a yummy brunch and ended it with a tether ball tournament in my parent's back yard. [Who knew my mom kicked so much ass at tether ball??] Oh, and I made some totally fabulous sun tea with lemon on Sunday afternoon. So delish, and so good for you! I did some serious damage to that bucket list this weekend!

Don't knock the cup!  My nerdiness knows no bounds.

It's back to the grind today, and I have one big goal this week. MT and I realized last week that exercise has become so routine that we don't even think about it anymore. Our food intake, on the other hand, is still really inconsistent. I started tracking with Spark People last week, but lost motivation about half way through. So my lofty goal this week is to track every single thing I eat. All week. No exceptions. Oh, and stay within the calorie requirements. That's it. I need to get healthy foods to be another habit, just like running. It's proving far more difficult, however.

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. Here's to a new season and a week of lofty goals!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, love the Edward cup! Nerds united!

    I haven't had a rootbeer float in ages! i'm hella jealous & would also like to snatch that money right out yo' hand...

    I'm a food tracking fool right now too. Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete