Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Big Drunk Hump

Yeah, yeah, I know Wednesday is green smoothie day.  But with the onslaught of summer and the stress of my work week, I've decided to mix it up a little.  I've been searching for the perfect sangria recipe, and I think I've found a total winner.  This recipe comes highly recommended from some of my favorite drunks friends. 

It's got lots o' fruit in it, so it's gotta be healthy, right?  Ok, shut up, it's my blog, and I can post an unsavory recipe if I want to! 

The biggest thing to remember when preparing any sangria is to let it sit for AT LEAST 12 hours, but 24 hours is ideal.  This gives all that fruit a chance to integrate and mingle and get really tasty.

So here's to summer faithful blog readers.  I'll be whipping up a batch this weekend for sure.

1 gallon red wine, not too sweet, more on the dry side. Don’t get really cheap stuff!

3 sliced oranges, 4 oranges squeezed.
1 lemon sliced, 1/2 lemon squeezed
2 limes sliced, 2 limes squeezed
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup cointreau (triple sec will do)
1 cup brandy (or more!)
(you can add other fruit if you’d like, raspberries, strawberries, mango)

Mix all ingredients together.  Refrigerate for 12 hours prior to consumption.

1 comment:

  1. Never actually had a sangria that I liked, this almost sounds yummy. Have to make FGS mix me up a pitcher this summer!

    ReplyDelete