Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Big Green Hump

I don't remember what week we're on, and hell, I don't really care at this point. I've gotten back into green smoothies recently, so I figured I should continue on with this thread! The one I'm making lately is pretty yummy and packed full of nutrients. I've been adding a mix of green leaf lettuce (from my garden) and spinach (from MT's garden) for the green element.

Here's the recipe for today's smoothie, along with a pic! If I'd of known in advance how gross the picture would look [greek yogurt isn't photogenic apparently!] I may have tried to get a better angle. You get the idea, however.  Also, I know it may seem like an abundance of stuff in this one, but it really tastes yummy, so don't judge!

Don't mind the kitty in the background...

"The Standard"

3 cups water (0 points)
3 cups green leaf lettuce and spinach mixture (0 points)
2 carrots (0 points)
1 cup greek yogurt (any flavor) (1 point)
1 banana (1.5 points)
1 cup frozen strawberries (1 point)
1 cup frozen blueberries (1 point)
1 cup frozen pineapple (1 point)
2 tbsp agave nectar (1 point)

Total blender full = 6.5 points.  A 32 oz serving is 4 points.

I should note that this recipe makes a full 64 oz of smoothie, which is 2 servings for me. I normally take 32 oz to work for myself [see below] and give my mom the other 32 oz. [She comes over to watch my kids. Thanks mom!]
Breakfast of champions, right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment