Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend will go down in history as an EPIC one. MT and I got up at 5:45am to run EIGHT freaking horrific, hilly, sweaty miles. It took everything I had in me to complete this run. We are seriously pushing some hard limits here. [snicker]

I have a matter of business I need to discuss from this grueling run and its aftermath. Let's talk chafing. The image below is my stomach/under-boobies post run. Apparently I desperately needed a new sports bra! These are the things you never realized when you were running short distances, you know? I have to tell you all, I feel pretty bad ass for having crazy battle wounds. How hard core am I? [I'm even contemplating my insanity for posting this picture on the interwebs, but fellow runners can understand, right?]


Sexy, non?

Speaking of how tough I am, post-run I decided an ice bath was in order to help with the knee and ankle inflammation I've been battling after long runs. Holyfuckingdeathbyshock that shit is NOT for the faint of heart! I plopped myself down in the tub and seriously almost passed out. It was SO cold. I made Mr. FGS sit by the tub and hold my hand while I froze. My legs really benefited from this though! They weren't nearly as sore the next day. Even though I almost died, I have to say, ice bath = total win!


I was SITTING in this when I took the picture!

In other news, last night I made the Italian sausage and veggie pasta from my previous post. Except I didn't use sausage because I forgot. Anyways, it turned out ridiculously yummy, so I packed it up into containers for my lunch this week. Go me and all my healthful glory!


YUM.

This week is going to be a good one, I can feel it. I got a new sports bra [praise baby Jesus!], and I have a complete meal plan in place. I want numbers on the scale this week, my friends. I've suddenly found my motivation again, so I'm going to rock it.

1 comment:

  1. My girls are ACHING just looking at that picture! Poor little boobies :( They should be treated with love...

    ReplyDelete