Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday's Fat Stats - Week 3

Here's the deal, if you want to be healthier and get into shape - exercise is what you need. What we learned this week - even if you exercise your ass off (not literally, unfortunately) - if you aren't paying attention to what you put in your mouth, You Are Screwed. Period.

The agony that is my sore and aching muscles can attest to the fact that I did in fact work out, and out, and out. But the number on the scale will tell you straight up that I eat like a fat cow. And do you know what happens when you eat like a fat cow? Then you are a fat cow.
My bovine twin

The numbers (or lack of) that we put up this week has been a bit of a slap-in-the-face-reality-check. Just look for yourself:

Fat Girl Slim's Week 3 Numbers:

Muffin Top's Week 3 Numbers:
 Shit. Damn. FML!!!

Granted, we didn't gain anything, but that's just not good enough.

The goal this week is to focus on our intake, be conscious and aware of what we are using to fuel our bodies. And come next week, that damn scale is going down!!!

This weeks "Couch Potato to 5K" looks really daunting - like, I think there is an actual possibility of me dying this week, daunting. But do it I will, and I will continue to chant (silently) to myself the whole time "I LOVE THIS SHIT!".

It feels good, it DOES! I LOVE THIS SHIT!

And next week, I will that much more in shape, that much more ready for the ultimate goal. Do you people realize how L ... O ... N ... G ... a half marathon is? THIRTEEN POINT 1 MILES!!! Even if you maintain a 10 minute mile for the duration, that is still 131 minutes, or two hours and eleven minutes.

My stamina and endurance have to be pushed and worked until I can do it for hours on end (that's what he said). With that in mind, I present week 3:

Workout 1
Brisk five-minute warm up walk,
then do two repetitions of the following:
Jog 90 seconds (or 200 yards)
Walk 90 seconds (or 200 yards)
Jog 3 minutes (or 400 yards)
Walk 3 minutes (or 400 yards)

Workout 2
Brisk five-minute warm up walk,
then do two repetitions of the following:
Jog 90 seconds (or 200 yards)
Walk 90 seconds (or 200 yards)
Jog 3 minutes (or 400 yards)
Walk 3 minutes (or 400 yards)


Workout 3
Brisk five-minute warm up walk,
then do two repetitions of the following:
Jog 90 seconds (or 200 yards)
Walk 90 seconds (or 200 yards)
Jog 3 minutes (or 400 yards)
Walk 3 minutes (or 400 yards)

In addition to the CP25K routine, 3 days of cross-training need to happen. I've been doing the shred (my dependable fall-back), and so has FGS. She did start mixing it up last night with a little windsor pilates, which I think I am going to try this week too.

So, positive thinking and all that crap to you - NUT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment