Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What you do in February will pay off in June. Hopefully.

I hopped on the scale yesterday morning, full of hope. I had no doubt I had lost some weight this week. How could I not? I exercised SIX out of the seven days. Three days spent running, and three days spent Shredding. I had resisted cheesecake, cookies, and French fries on more than one occasion. Also, I'm completely, miserably sore.

Do you know how much weight I lost this week? NONE. Not even an ounce. I was really damn surprised until I took a good look at my food intake this morning. I sat down and did the math. Sure, I've been working out. A lot. However, I've still been consuming more calories than I should; and that needs to change. I realized that this is going to come down to one of those moments. You know, a "how bad do I want this?" moment. And I want it. Bad.

I think these guys want it a little TOO much...

It made me think this is probably a really valid time to make a list. I know that I want it, but I need to write down the reasons WHY I do. Motivation is key. I read a quote today that said, "The mind is everything. What you think, you become." My mind needs to be wrapped all around the reasons I have for losing weight. I'm not only going to write the reasons on the blog, I'm going to write them on a piece of paper. [Ok, maybe I'll type them and print them out. Diehard computer nerd here]. Before I reach for another doughnut, I'll reach for the list. It's time to get my brain on board.

This is my brain...getting with the program.

1) I want to look fuckable. (yes, I'm serious). That is my number one reason for doing this diet. I don't want stuff to jiggle when it shouldn't be jiggling. The husband needs to think, "Damn, I wanna tap that." Sure, he may think that sometimes now anyways, but it probably has more to do with his teenage-esque horny self than it has to do with me. Also, I don't want him to be the only one. *gasp* No, I don't want to have sex with others, but hell, it would sure be nice if they wanted to have sex with me! Call me vain [I warned you!], but I simply want to be more attractive. Sexy. Fit. And well, fuckable.

You probably think this song is about me...

2) I want to wear cute clothes. It's not that I can't find things that are cute now; it's just that they don't look cute on me. There are rolls and fat poking out where there shoudln't be, and that's just not acceptable. Summer is a mere four months away, and I want to wear a bikini. I want to wear shorts and not be embarrased by my flabby legs. It all comes back to vanity for me, doesn't it?

This year, I'd like to stand and button my jeans.  Is that too much to ask?

3) I want to feel better. Much to my astonishment, I've discovered that when you gain 30, 40, or even 50 pounds, you don't feel as good as you used to. Why does it hurt to run so bad? Gee... let's think. Perhaps this is because running while fat is like carrying a preschooler on your back. Nothing feels right when you are so weighed down. Maybe my shins wouldn't hurt so much if I wasn't lugging around all these extra pounds! It's ridiculous that I've let myself be this way for so long. So I'm saying goodbye to that kid on my back, one pound at a time.

See Kate here can simply DROP the 50 pounds she's lugging around.

So what are your reasons for wanting to lose weight? Write them down so they'll motivate you when you want to skip that run or eat that gallon of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment