Friday, February 12, 2010

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Dear 52", beautiful, magnificent, Sony Bravia LCD TV that I love so much,


Yeah, this one.  Try not to drool...


I just can't do this anymore. I'm tired of this one way relationship we've been having. You do all the giving. I do all the taking. It's just not working for me these days. I know you can sense the change in our relationship, too. I mean, please, it's not like I even turn you on anymore!

I have other interests now, and I simply don't have time for you. It takes me far too long these days to prepare my meals, read my marathon manuals and ice my aching body. And well, I guess I should just admit it. I've become a sick, masochistic runner; and I'm being totally honest when I say it's me, not you. What we used to have was so beautiful that it pains me to write this. We had Oprah time, Iron Chef time, NCIS time and even time for Wheel of Fortune time if I was bored. You have always been there for me when I needed it, and I won't forget that, I promise.

With the start of Spring right around the corner, I figure things will just get worse. We are just headed in opposite directions. I want to plant a garden and spend more time outside. You just want to start playing re-runs and infomercials.

This letter is more for you than for me. You deserve someone with time for you. Someone like my husband, Mr. FGS, who will make time for you no matter what's going on. Even when the house is a mess and the kids need bathed, Mr. FGS will never, ever neglect you the way I have!

I know this is bad timing, with it being Friday night and all, but I figured it was best to get this out in the open and move on with things. It's probably best for us to just have a clean break. Maybe one day, I'll come crawling back, but for now this is goodbye. Hold on to the memories; we'll always have Survivor seasons 1 through 18 to reminisce about. Those were the good old days.

Always,

Fat Girl Slim

No comments:

Post a Comment