Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Our 8 Week Half-Marathon Training Schedule

So, without further ado, here is our half-marathon training schedule:


It is based loosely on Hal Higdon's intermediate half training plan, but we adjusted it to work with our schedules/lives. It is only 8 weeks long because, well, that's how long there is until our half - the first annual Eugene Women's Half Marathon!!!

Can you believe it? We are really doing this shit. We paid our registration fees and IT'S ON!!! Now we just have to stick to it and before you know it we'll be posting pics from the finish line :)

And if you don't follow us on Twitter - you missed out on our pre and post race pics this weekend. Don't let it happen again - follow me and FGS today. Plus, I'm totally insecure and having all those followers makes me feel cool...

4 comments:

  1. WoooHOooo!!!!!!! How exciting!! The plan looks good! I'm happy to have stumbled upon your blog just in time to read about your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. freak4fitness - thanks for stopping by ;) hope you enjoy the "show"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog. How did the run go? I'm looking into a 1/2 marathon that is in 8 weeks

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8.5 weeks until my 1/2 marathon and have been slacking, just added pilates to the mix and love,love love this plan. My goal: finish and stay running!!!

    ReplyDelete