Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Random Tuesday Musings

I'm feeling pretty damn random today. Scattered thoughts are roaming through my brain, leaving no room for me to write anything poignant or elegant. This week is super stressful in my household with my husband's departure Friday, and I'm just kind of skating by right now. However, I have 3 random, totally unrelated things I feel like sharing with ya'all. [That was my twang. Not that I actually have twang... I'm from Oregon].

First, I want to tell you guys about my breakfast this morning. [Disclaimer: Subway is not paying me. Just thought I'd throw that out there.] I went to my local Subway and got their breakfast "egg white ham on a muffin" thingie. Damn, was that a fantastic breakfast! It rolls in at 160 cals with over 10 grams of protein. Kick ass! I added a couple cups of fresh pineapple and was totally full until lunchtime. Subway for the win!

My yummy breakfast.

Onto something totally unrelated, I am already thinking about what I want to wear to my husband's graduation in 16 weeks. [16 mother fucking long ass weeks....] I'm feeling fully motivated to be A LOT smaller by then [Say maybe 30 or so pounds smaller? Maybe?], and I want to wear something that will totally blow him away. I've been playing with Polyvore, and here's what I came up with. I am totally, utterly desperate to wear some knee high boots with a skirt. Every time I see someone wearing them [without being overtly slutty], I think "Well damn, that looks hot. I wish I were skinny enough to pull that off." So I'm hoping by graduation time, I can wear something that looks similar to the outfit below. In fact, I may print said outfit and post it on my desk somewhere as incentive.
Plaid school girl skirt? I think YES!

The last thing I want to mention is intervals. Today, instead of running a straight four miles, we did quarter mile intervals. We would sprint a quarter mile, then walk for a minute. Repeat 8 times. It was freaking intense! We really haven't worked much with intervals, but I can definitely see their place in running. If you haven't done them, I definitely suggest adding them to your work out repertoire.

One other thing I suggest [I know, I said only 3 things...] is watching this Dirty Dancing deleted scene from the newly released anniversary DVD. [I told you I was random today, right?] The reviews from my friends are pretty mixed on the "hot factor" of said scene, but damn, do I ever want to be skinny enough to do THAT. Of course, then I'd have to learn to dance better, as would Mr. FGS, and I really don't see that happening.

Alright, random post over. I'm off like a prom dress, because The Runaways was released on DVD today, and I MUST. WATCH. ASAP. Two times in the theater just wasn't enough! Goodnight and happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment