Friday, May 7, 2010

Vacation: Starting NOW.

Happy Friday afternoon, bloggie folk. Fat Girl Slim here. I'm literally bouncing up and down in my chair. In just a few minutes I'm going to get in the car and drive twelve solid hours. Only stopping to pee, eat and get gas. Then it's nine days of chillaxing with the family. Eating good food, visiting cool people, swimming, lounging, and oh yeah, running my ass off. You didn't think I'd forget to run, did you?

To say that I'm too keyed up to write anything of importance would be quite the understatement today. I am completely and totally focused on making this a healthy vacation, however. I've got my eyes on the prize. I want to come home with a weight loss for the week. I really have no excuse. I've got my DVDs, I've got my Vita-mix, and my sister has a treadmill.

I figured since I'm so spastic today, I'd just leave everybody with a few motivating quotes. I'll probably need a little motivation to stay away from all the crazy, yummy food my family cooks. Here's a few of my favorite quotes from days recent.

Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. ~Edward Stanley

Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states. ~Carol Welch

Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, “Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?”- Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

Continuous effort -- not strength or intelligence -- is the key to unlocking our potential." ~Liane Cardes

Have a great weekend, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment