Thursday, May 6, 2010

Time Is NOT On My Side

No matter how you use it, time is passing you by.

We each have a finite amount of time on this earth. I don't know about you, but a lot of my time feels like it just drags on and on and on - especially the time that I spend at work and away from my kids. It's not that I don't have anything to do either. But I spend so much of time anticipating (or dreading) the next thing on my list of things to do. Every day I've got to get up, get ready, pack lunches, get my boys ready for school, get them to school on time, get myself to work on time, do work and work and work, pick the boys up from school, bring them home, clean the house a little until Mr. MT gets home, go back to work for another 1.5 to 2 hours, go home, make dinner, do bath time, hang out with the kids for a little, try to get them to bed on time, do a little more laundry/cleaning, and finally get into bed way to late. (That doesn't even include the days we have soccer or bmx...)


And then I get up and do the whole damn thing again.


Me on a GOOD day (not actually me personally, but you get the idea)


Looking back though, it's as if time is just racing by. And I can't for life of my figure out where the hell it's gone. I swear to you my baby boy was just born, he was a toddler just the other day. Somehow though, we celebrated his FIFTH birthday a couple of months ago!!! WTF?! When the hell did that happen???


So, what does this have to do with half marathons, or exercise, or getting healthy?


No matter how you spend your time ... if you exercise or if you don't ... whether or not you have the very best of intentions, time is going to slip by you.




In a month from now, a year, a decade - I'm going to be something somewhere. I have to choose right now if, when I get there, I'm going to be still whining about how I "coulda shoulda". Will I be saying oh poor me I don't have the time to exercise as much as I need to. Am I going to skip preparing and packing healthy snacks and meals because it just takes SO much damn time?


Yeah, I don't have free or spare time right now. But if I don't MAKE the time NOW - nothing is ever going to change. It will be 5 years from now and I'll be saying how amazed I am that my baby is 10 and I'll still be fat and unhappy.


Nothing will have changed.


So I'm carving out that time now. What do I have to lose?


I'll tell you what - I'm losing that damn muffin top!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment