Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday NO Stats - Week 17

Fat Girl Slim has abandoned me. My office mate and running buddy, the only other girl in an office entirely made up of computer geeks (read: men) - she's gone.

Woe is me.

And she isn't even sorry about it. She's in southern Cali hanging out by the pool. For an entire week. I wasn't even invited. (Not that I could have gone, but that's not the point)

She told me last week that she was absolutely not going to weigh in or do measurements while on vacation. So, I've decided that I'm not going to either! It's only fair. Plus she's not here to bitch at me! Bonus!

It's Monday, and Monday sucks. The weekend is a memory, and entire work week stretches out before you.

Yep, I've got a BIG ol' case of the Mondays...

Mondays are hard for me - and facing a lunch time 3-miler all by my lonesome didn't help my attitude this morning. I did my scheduled 4.5 miles early Saturday morning. Usually while I'm running I chat it up with FGS, so I completely spaced bringing some music with me. Now don't get me wrong, I crack myself up, but after the first 20 or so minutes I was completely bored with myself. There's nothing like a little juicy gossip to make the miles fly by!

Knowing exactly what fun I was in for did not help in getting me out the door. Go I did though, eventually. The first mile was okay, by the end of the second I was thinking "screw this!". I hate to admit it, but I seriously considered cutting the run short. After all, who would know? Problem was - I would know. I would know that I was doing exactly the same thing that I have always done, I was giving up on myself.

So, if nothing else, FGS being gone has shown me how much everyone needs a little help and encouragement. Having a workout "buddy" to keep you company and get you out the door on days you just don't want to, is priceless. I've really begun to understand the last few days, but don't tell you-know-who, she'll just get a big head.

No comments:

Post a Comment