Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Vacation is WAR.

That may be a little dramatic, but not much. I'm back from eight glorious days of eating, drinking, and sun bathing [while wearing my spf 70, of course]. Our trip was a total blast, and I had a ton of fun. However, sticking with "the plan" while you are 700 miles from home can be hella tough.

First off, I should mention the GOOD. I completed all my runs while I was there. I did five separate runs while on vacation, people!!! That deserves a standing ovation of some sort!! Even heading out to run was a huge battle, however. Who wants to get up at 6:30am for a brisk 5 mile jog when you can sleep in? It was tough. Everything was, really.

I felt like I was constantly warring with myself about one thing or another. Running, eating right, drinking, the list goes on. I'm actually pretty proud I only gained a half pound this week with all the temptations I was put up against. I was in hopes I'd do better, but well, that shit was hard!

Everyone wants to feed you when you visit them. Everyone wants to buy you a drink. Oh, and added to all this mayhem was the fact that my husband got offered a new [and much improved!!!] job while we were mid-vacation. It was total celebration time!!!!

So there you have it. I had one foot off the wagon, but I didn't completely fall off. I did drink green smoothies, I did run, and I really tried to avoid all things battered and greasy. [Eww!] I wish I could come back and report that I achieved perfection, but it just didn't happen.

On a positive note, however, I really could feel the physical changes I've made while I was at Disneyland. Normally, after spending an entire day walking around a theme park, toting kids in and out of strollers, I'm wiped and exhausted. This time, not so much. I felt energized all day long. That's saying something. It showed me how much promise I really have.

So onward and upward. I'm hoping this is going to be a stellar week! Time to get back on track and focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment