Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Fat Stats: Week 13

 First things first - we ran our 5K this past Saturday morning. And let me tell you - we rocked that thing! We started out all gung-ho and really cooking time wise. This was not a smart thing. About a mile or mile and a half in it started to hurt. Really hurt. FGS couldn't sleep the night before and only managed about 4 hours of sleep. She was hurting even worse than I was! There was serious talk of vomiting for the last half of the 5K - it's the first time I've actually thought one of us was really going to puke. We made it through, and we finished that bitch THREE minutes faster than our personal best. Not only that, but we finished SEVEN minutes faster than last year!

To say I'm proud of us doesn't even begin to say it. We started out the C25K (Couch Potato to 5K) barely able to run for a minute straight. We fought our way through the entire training and ran our 5K in 37 minutes!!!

Other than the awesome run, what have we accomplished? I've lost TEN inches and 6.6 pounds :) Fat Girl Slim has lost 14.6 pounds and TWENTY THREE inches. Not to shabby, eh? Here are all the numbers:

Fat Girl Slim's Week 13 Numbers:

Muffin Top's Week 13 Numbers:

Now that the 5K is over, it's time to move on. Since our ultimate goal is a half marathon, it's time to start upping the mileage. We've picked, and registered, for our next race. We'll be doing the very aptly named S.O.B. (Siskiyou Outback) 15K in about 13 weeks. This race takes place on top of the beautiful Mount Ashland which, during the winter, is a ski resort. So let me tell you, there are hills, lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, of hills. I don't know if there is a straight level section at any point of the run. Is it ever gorgeous up there though. Here's a few pics taken from the trail:

 Views from the race route

As this is a 15K, it should be 9.3 miles. Not the S.O.B. though - the S.O.B. 15K is 9.7 miles. This bares repeating - we are going to run (not run/walk) NINE point SEVEN MILES! If that doesn't make us bad ass mo-fos, I don't know what does!!!

Obviously this is going to take some serious training and a shit ton of dedication. Using various training schedules I found on line, I compiled a training schedule for me and FGS given the time we have till the race (13 weeks), and the distance we need to cover by the end of that time. Here's what I've come up:


Yep, we're going to do this. On purpose.

 I'd be lying through my teeth if I didn't tell you I am seriously worried about surviving this. Just looking at these numbers makes my stomach turn. But, you know what? I thought the same thing about the C25K schedule and I made that 5K my bitch! So I say - bring it on S.O.B.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment