Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Big Green Hump: Week 12

Happy Hump Day wonderful people of the Interwebs! I'm in a great mood today, almost hyper. I can't attribute this to the crack I haven't been snorting, so it MUST be the green smoothies. I've been drinking them every day this week, and I feel really good. It's odd, because I seem to have smoothie amnesia. I forget how great I feel after I've been drinking them for a week or two. Try one, people! Just give it a couple weeks and you'll be amazed at your newfound stamina and overall well being. And hey, isn't a little stamina a good thing on Hump Day? [*nod, wink, nod*]

Since this week I re-discovered my love of Alanis Morissette [more on this Friday], we'll use kale as our green of choice this week. Apparently Alanis digs it. Here's a really great smoothie recipe to try.

"I'd Rather Be In Maui"

2 cups kale
2 cups pineapple (2 points)
1 cup mango (2 points)
1 banana (1.5 points)
2 cups coconut milk (2 points if you use light)

Total points: 6.5

Get your blend on.

No comments:

Post a Comment