Thursday, January 6, 2011

Getting My Game Face On

There are 9 weeks until my 33rd birthday.

33 isn't really any big milestone. But I want it to be. I want it to be the year that I achieve some goals. Things that I've been dragging out for years and years - I want to be done with them. I want the satisfaction of crossing the proverbial finish line (and maybe a few actual ones).

To be right up-front with you, I'm not in a really good place right now. I blew it over the holidays. I feel completely fat, bloated, disgusting, and undesirable. I cannot explain to the amount of anger that I'm feeling towards myself.

Anger for dropping the ball.

Anger for not caring enough about myself.

Anger for having that last 15 pieces of chocolate.

Anger for saying "screw it", when I should've said "I got this".

The list could really go on, and on, and on...

But I'm tired of being a whiner. Tired of focusing on the negative. Tired of beating myself up.

So, now what?

It's time to get my game face on.


Cause you know what talking about accomplishes?

Not a damn thing.

If you want results, you've got to get off your ass and do something about it.

You know who made me fat?

Me.

You know who's going to make me a skinny bitch.

ME. That's who.

No comments:

Post a Comment