Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bringin' Back The Big Green Hump

It's been awhile since I've added to your green smoothie repertoire, so I figured it was due. For the past three weeks I've been fighting off a nasty cough/cold combo. The cold symptoms are mostly gone, but this cough just won't go away. I've started an all-out war to get rid of it!! Green smoothies, vitamins, exercise (although not too much) and sleep are all on the agenda.


Yeah, been neglecting myself for awhile again now...

Since we're kind of in "new year, new you" mode around these parts, I figured I'd throw out a really good detox smoothie recipe featuring citrus. Lemons, limes, oranges, etc. rank highly amongst fruit for their detoxing abilities.

So without further ado, blend one of these up and drink to a new year!

"The Limon Detox"

1 lemon, peeled and deseeded
1 lime, peeled and deseeded
3 bananas, peeled
1 cup orange juice
2 cups kale

Blend, drink, repeat.

1 comment: