Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Happy Monday, friends. There was so much awesome this weekend, I felt it deserved it's own post. Besides, we aren't doing fat stats until Tuesday now, so I figured we should add some filler.

This weekend was an epic fail in the eating department, but damn, I had some seriously good food. The small people and I made some fabulous pumpkin butterscotch cookies on Saturday morning, and on Sunday I busted out a huge crock of beef stew. I'm happy to cross both of those things off the Fall bucket list.

These were ridiculously good...


As was this...

Saturday night my sister watched the munchkins so Mr. FGS and I could have a date night. It had been over TWELVE weeks since we'd gotten out of the house sans kids, and it was all kinds of worthwhile and awesome. We ate at my favorite Mexican joint and watched Zombieland. [It goes without saying that it's one of my favorite movies, right?]

NEVER forget Rule #1!!!!!

Sunday was cleaning, cooking, going to the park and having my nieces over for dinner. Some weekends have so much happy in them that it physically hurts when Monday shows up. That's about where I am right now!

I wanted to take a moment to mention a project a friend of mine is doing. This is one of the best ideas I've seen in a very long time. You can see what it's all about at http://hokeypokeyproject.com/. I hate to summarize what others are doing, so this is straight from the site:

For the next fifty-two weeks, my family will strive to create a weekly public project that will serve no other purpose than to make people smile–perhaps hundreds of people or maybe just one. But smiles are the primary goal.


Secondarily, the goal of the Hokey Pokey Project is to teach my own children that they have vast power, even at the tender ages of two and four, to better people’s lives, one smile and one moment at a time.

Go take a peek at this project and prepare to be amazed.

I hope every one of you out there has a fantastic, healthy Monday. We'll be back tomorrow with fat stats [that I'm totally dreading, just FYI].

No comments:

Post a Comment