Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What I Have To Give

Life is busy. Alarmingly so. I want to give you a peek into my evening last night, just so you fully get the picture.


I get off work at 5:30, not 5, because God must hate me. Or maybe it's just my boss? Anywho, I drive 45 minutes to pick up my spawn from my parent's house way out in BFE. I down a quick chicken sandwich while I'm there because hey, free food! By 6:45 everyone is loaded into the car and we are off to Kung Fu class for the oldest.
After I kick him to the curb (literally), I haul ass/balls (pick your body part!) to the grocery store because unfortunately, everyone needs to eat. I have exactly one hour to throw miscellaneous foods into my cart, check out and be back to the big kid's Dojo to pick him up. For some reason they get all pissy when you are 15 minutes late. WTF, right?


I pick up my older son just in time, and then it's a race home to do baths, books, teeth brushed, mommy I need water, oh please one more book, and bedtime.

Sounds fun, right? Don't get me wrong, I love the chaos of having a family. We are loud and fun and my days are filled with so much happy. They just don't leave time for much of the other stuff I enjoy. One of those things is this blog. I've got to be honest, I didn't think we were going to resurrect this thing. I figured it was fun while it lasted, but a year post half-marathon and I'm fat again (ok, not AS fat) and I haven't really had a tangible goal. Enter Forks, Washington.

I'm not going to re-hash MT's post here, but you all know we had a fabulous time. More than that though, we were amazed to find out that actual, real live people read this blog! It really inspired me to keep writing.

So here's what I can give you. I can't promise much, but I can promise you the marathon. As in, I promise to share the blood, sweat, tears and expletives right here on this blog. I promise to give you the in depth look at how two average women could do this marathon thing. Because believe me, I'm as average as it gets. Also, I selfishly want to have a written record of the journey to look back on at a later date.

And after the marathon? Who knows. But I'm here today to tell you that until we cross that finish line, we'll be sharing all the gory details. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. When is the race?!?!?!?!

    Omg I wish I could run that long. I am usually spent after 3 miles.

    I love you bb and I am looking forward to reading your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete