Thursday, April 28, 2011

Recovery

Blogging isn't the only thing I've been failing to do lately, friends. Are you ready for my confession??? I haven't exercised in THREE weeks. I know, the horror. Unfortunately, I've been sicker these last three weeks than I remember being in the last 5 years or so. What started as mild cold symptoms quickly became fever, chills and horrible body aches. Pretty soon I was dizzy, nauseous and really weak. After the majority of the symptoms passed (in a few days), I was left with shortness of breath and an awful cough for the remainder of the last three weeks. It's been bad, folks.

Bad, bad kitteh....

Today I'm finally at a point where the cough is [mostly] gone, and simple tasks like loading the groceries in the car don't leave me gasping for air. It has been a surprisingly long road to get this far.

Starting Monday morning I'm going to dip my toe back in the pool of exercise. I've been researching illness recovery, and apparently it is best to start increasing the frequency of my work outs, and then, once I'm back up to a good frequency, I can increase the duration. Finally, after I'm back to a good pattern with frequency and duration, I'll increase the intensity of the work outs.

Sounds easy enough, right? It is probably much easier in theory than in practice, but I've got to start somewhere. Summer is right around the corner, like it or not. Can I just say how much I'd love to be able to wear cute sun dresses and a bathing suit with no shame?? Right now, there would be shame. Lots of it. It's time to get back to the blood, sweat and tears. After this weekend, of course.

Did I mention that tomorrow we are heading to Muffin Top's house for the weekend!?!?! I kinda can't believe it! It's been over 2 months since I've seen that bitch, and I miss her lots! So here's to a weekend of fun and friends! Come Monday though, it's on. Back to working out. Back to eating to fuel my body. I will recover, and I will be stronger when I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment