Monday, November 14, 2011

The Not Happy Post That Goes Nowhere

I'm discouraged.

Really, horribly, discouraged.

I'm pissed off at myself, and honestly, I'm wallowing in self-pity. But I don't really have anyone to blame but myself.

I have been running (somewhat) regularly. I have been tracking (every so often).

And I'm not seeing results. In fact, I've actually gained a couple of pounds.

And why is that? Well, I know damn well why that is. It's the "somewhat"'s and "every so often"'s.

I'm not being consistent. Actually, that's not true. I am being consistent at one thing. I'm consistently lazy.

How in the hell did I become so undisciplined?

When did it become okay to me to be so half-assed about life?

I don't know the answers, but I know shit has got to change.

1 comment:

  1. I have found something online that has helped me stay accountable with my runs and may help you too. It is www.dailymile.com. You plug in your milage/pace every day that you run, and it automatically posts the data to facebook and/or twitter, and gives weekly totals. Everytime I want to skip a run, I think how it will affect my "week total" and make me look like a wimp in front of all my facebook friends and it motivates me to get the run in. It is also cool to see the statistics the sight keeps up with. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete