Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Big Summer Bucket List

Well, summer is officially underway next week, and it always flys by, doesn't it? We have short summers here, so I am particularly interested in making the most of them. This year I decided to make a list. It's "the things I want to do every summer but rarely fit in" list.

This summer, just like everything else right now in my life, it's ON. Before I know it I'll be kissing these beautiful, long days good bye, and I don't want to waste a second of my life right now! So in no particular order, here's the big list. What's on yours?
  • Purge and have a huge garage sale
  • Make fabulous sangria on hot weekend nights
  • Grill fruit-kabobs with pineapple, peaches, grapes and mango
  • Learn to make a perfect berry sorbet
  • Run a 15k (July 10th, holla!)
  • Complete a long, sunrise run
  • Throw a kick ass party
  •  Drink a root beer float
  •  See at least a couple beach sunsets
  •  Have a fabulous date night with Mr. FGS wearing something new and smaller in size
  •  Find a spot away from the city to star gaze with the family
  •  Deep clean my house from top to bottom
  •  Make huge batches of sun tea with lemon bought from the farmer's market
  • Cook yummy food using the veggies from my garden
  •  Take long, peaceful naps with my babies after long runs
  • Make homemade granola
  • Figure a way to display more of my husband's photography in our house
Stay tuned for my weekend wrap ups.  I'll be trying to check things off this list all summer long!

No comments:

Post a Comment